Buju Banton has just over a yr more in prison on his cocaine trafficking sentence and he his thanking his fans for their support.

The Grammy-winning reggae vocalist took to Facebook over the weekend to let his fans know that he will be with them soon and most of all he cheers them for standing by his side throughout his ordeal. "To all of my fans who have stood abreast me I thank yous," the Gargamel wrote. "Your actions, letters and heartfelt prayers accept been appreciated. I thank y'all and I am humbled past your kindness – I am with you and yous with me. Always."

Buju also permit his fans know that they will reunite once more soon. "I volition be with you again presently – they may have the by and present … but the future belongs to us," he added. Buju Banton, whose real name is Mark Myrie, is currently serving a ten-year prison sentence for a cocaine trafficking sentence. The "Driver" vocalist is up for release in later on 2022 where he volition probable be deported to Jamaica.

Buju has an upcoming collaboration coming out with Rihanna which will announced on her next album. The Barbadian songstress recently registered the single titled "Phatty" and naming Buju Banton as a author.